Straw pellets are a sustainable, easy to use biomass that can be used as an alternative to wood for heating or power generation.
- Straw is a byproduct of annual crop production
- Straw is completely carbon neutral over one year; the carbon emitted as the previous years crop bio-degrades, being reabsorbed annually.
- Straw is available nationally – over 10m t produced annually in GB
- Straw is naturally dry so unlike wood does not require excessive energy to transport and process.
- Straw does not require the destruction of carbon intensive trees, which require over 20 years to grow and reabsorb the carbon emitted when one is cut down
- The UK has only 13% tree cover compared to a European average of 46% and currently over 88% of the wood used in the UK has to imported (2nd largest)…..this is unaffordable and unsustainable….
BUY Straw Pellets
Miscanthus pellets are a sustainable, easy to use biomass that can be used for heating or power generation.
Miscanthus is a high yielding grass that grows over 3 metres tall, resembles bamboo and produces a crop every year without the need for replanting.
The rapid annual growth, low mineral content, and high biomass yield of make it an ideal sustainable biomass