Spring Sale – Now On!
Straw pellets are a sustainable, rapidly renewable, easy to use biomass that can be used as an alternative to wood.
- Straw is a natural byproduct of annual crop production
- Straw is completely carbon neutral over one year; the carbon emitted as the previous years crop bio-degrades, being reabsorbed annually.
- Straw is available nationally – over 10m t produced annually in GB
- Straw is naturally dry so unlike wood does not require excessive energy to transport and process.
- Straw does not require the destruction of carbon intensive trees, which require over 20 years to grow and reabsorb the carbon emitted when one is cut down
BUY Straw Pellets
Miscanthus pellets are a sustainable, rapidly renewable, easy to use biomass that can be used for heating or power generation. They have a much lower ash and silicon content than straw pellets and can easily be used as a sustainable replacement for wood pellets.
Miscanthus is a high yielding grass that grows over 3 metres tall annually, resembles bamboo and produces a crop every year without the need for replanting. It is very effective at capturing carbon as it grows – with each ton absorbing up to 3.4 tons of CO2 annually.
The rapid annual growth, low mineral content, and high biomass yield of make it an ideal sustainable biomass