Rapidly Renewable Straw Biomass
Straw pellets are a rapidly renewable, easy to use biomass that are carbon netural over 1 year and are a sustainable, local alternative to wood pellets.
- Straw is a natural byproduct of annual crop production
- Straw is carbon negative over one year; the carbon emitted as the previous years crop bio-degrades, being reabsorbed annually.
- Straw is available nationally – over 10m t produced annually in GB
- Straw is naturally dry and local so unlike wood does not require excessive energy to transport and process.
- Straw does not require the destruction of carbon intensive trees, which require atleast 7 years to grow and reabsorb the carbon emitted when one is cut down
BUY Straw Pellets
Miscanthus pellets are a rapidly renewable, easy to use biomass that are carbon negative over one year. They have a lower ash and silicon content than straw pellets and can easily be used as a sustainable replacement for wood pellets in domestic boilers.
Miscanthus is a high yielding grass that grows over 3 metres tall annually, resembles bamboo and produces a crop every year without the need for replanting. It is very effective at capturing carbon as it grows – with each hectare absorbing up to 29t tons of CO2 annually.